Crystal reports 9 fails to recognise data on upgrade to 8.0.1 odbc problem?

От Kristina Magwood
Тема Crystal reports 9 fails to recognise data on upgrade to 8.0.1 odbc problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc

Hi,

We are updating from v7.3 to v8.0.1 as well as transferring the database to a new machine.  We use Crystal Reports 9 to access the data on a production basis.  Unfortunately, Crystal Reports 9 fails to recognise some of the data fields on the new database.  In particular, it does not recognise VARCHAR 256 and larger.

Jeff Eckermann suggested that the ODBC settings were different on the new machine.
"In particular, look at the " text as longvarchar" setting."
But  the text as longvarchar setting is set on the new machine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kristina Magwood