Re: Monitoring object usage?

От Jayadevan M
Тема Re: Monitoring object usage?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

> From: "Colin 't Hart" <colinthart@gmail.com>
> To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> Date: 15/09/2010 17:37
> Subject: [GENERAL] Monitoring object usage?
> Sent by: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a grip on a new body of code and a Postgres
> database that I'm working with. In particular I've been tasked with
> cleaning up the database.
>
> Is there a way in Postgres to enable monitoring on tables and
> columns to determine what's not actively being used?
>
> This would then form input for a more thorough check into the code
> base to see what's really not being used.

Would the log_statement mentioned here help?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-logging.html
I guess it will result in huge log files if it is a 'busy' database.
Probably this has a performance penalty too.

Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any
attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses
or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."