RE: Race condition with restore_command on streaming replica

От Brad Nicholson
Тема RE: Race condition with restore_command on streaming replica
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote on 2020/11/15 04:47:12 AM:
> I am not sure how Patroni does it internally,  can you explain the
> scenario in more detail?  Suppose you are executing the promote on m-1
> and if the promotion is successful it will switch the timeline and it
> will create the timeline history file.  Now, once the promotion is
> successful if we change the primary_conninfo on the m-2 then it will
> restart the walsender and look for the latest .history file which it
> should find either from direct streaming or through the
> restore_command.  If you are saying that m-2 tried to look for the
> history file before m-1 created it then it seems like you change the
> primary_conninfo on m-2 before the m-1 promotion got completed.

Patroni first issues a fast shutdown to m-0.  Once that completes, it issues a promote on m-1.

In this case, m-2 is not connecting directly to to m-0 or m-1 via a hostname, it is connecting to a virtual layer that routes the connectivity to the current primary.  This does not change.

Brad.

Сообщение: Re: I have just downloaded Postgre SQL and "pgadmin 4" doesn't open.
Сообщение: Re: I have just downloaded Postgre SQL and "pgadmin 4" doesn't open.