Re: Slow Visual Basic application

От Patrick Hatcher
Тема Re: Slow Visual Basic application
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
It appears you are trying to create a cube by using MSDataShape.  Correct?
This could be the cause of the slow query.  Why not use a straight ADO
connection?

Dim cn As ADODB.Connection
Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset

Set cn = New ADODB.Connection
Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset

cn.ConnectionString = "driver={PostgreSQL};server=192.9.200.5;uid=;pwd
=;database=mydatabase"
cn.ConnectionTimeout = 300
cn.CursorLocation = adUseClient
cn.Open

Set rs = cn.Execute("Select * from table1)

                    "Cecilia Alvarez"

                    <cecilia_ag@hotmail.com>           To:     pgsql-performance@postgresql.org

                    Sent by:                           cc:

                    pgsql-performance-owner@post       Subject:     [PERFORM] Slow Visual Basic application

                    gresql.org

                    04/10/2003 10:32 AM

Hi,
I have a visual basic application and the access to postgress is very slow.
If I run the query on PGadminII the answer is quite good but if I run the
same query from the application it takes a long time (I debugged it).
11seconds .vs. 5 minutes.
I would like to know if I have a problem with my connection to postgres or
my odbc.
The string connection is:

gobjBD.StringConexion = "Provider=MSDataShape.1;DRIVER
={PostgreSQL};DATABASE=mydatabase;
SERVER=192.9.200.5;PORT=5432;UID=postgres;PWD="

I´ll really apreciate your help.
Thanks
Cecilia

Únete al mayor servicio mundial de correo electrónico: Haz clic aquí