Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL postmaster problem

От svetsch@tradewinds-solutions.com
Тема Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL postmaster problem
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
You were right, my installation of the dev release of cygwin had failed.
Now everything is working fine with the following config :

cygwin (dev snapshot 2001-03-12)
cygipc-1.09-2
postgresql-7.1-beta6

Thanks for your quick answer !

--
Samuel Vetsch
Trade Winds Solutions

|--------+--------------------------->
|        |          Jason Tishler    |
|        |          <Jason.Tishler@do|
|        |          thill.com>       |
|        |                           |
|        |          16.03.2001 22:39 |
|        |                           |
|--------+--------------------------->

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:     svetsch@tradewinds-solutions.com
     |
  |       cc:     pgsql-ports@postgresql.org
     |
  |       Subject:     Re: [PORTS] Cygwin PostgreSQL postmaster problem
     |

>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Samuel,

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 04:44:32PM, svetsch@tradewinds-solutions.com wrote:
> cygwin (today dev snapshot 2001-03-12)
> cygipc-1.09-2
> postgresql-7.1-beta5

I just tried the above and it passes the regression test without any
errors.

> I have successfully installed cygipc (ipc-daemon as a service) compiled
> PostgreSQL and executed initdb.
> But each time I try to execute postmaster, I get :
>
> $ postmaster -i -d1
> FindExec: searching PATH ...
> FindExec: found "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster" using PATH
> C:\cygwin\usr\local\pgsql\bin\postgres.exe: ***
> recreate_mmaps_after_fork_failed
> postmaster: reaping dead processes...
> postmaster: Startup proc 1196 exited with status 256 - abort
>
> Any Ideas ?

The above is a known problem that has already been fixed.  See the
following for details:

    http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-ports/2001-02/msg00012.html
    http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-ports/2001-02/msg00014.html

Try executing "uname -r".  Do you get "1.3.0s..." or "1.1.8..."?

Did you stop the ipc-daemon service (and *all* other Cygwin processes)
before installing the snapshot?  If not, then the Cygwin 1.1.8-2 DLL is
probably locked in memory preventing the snapshot DLL from taking affect.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235