Small suggested changes to draft of PostgreSQL 9.2 beta announcement

От Bob.Hetrick@Bull.com
Тема Small suggested changes to draft of PostgreSQL 9.2 beta announcement
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
A couple of small wording revisions and spelling corrections, but no change to the message, so Simon's comments could equally apply to this version.  I surrounded the areas I changed with "<" and ">" characters.

=========================

The PostgreSQL Global Development Group announces the beta release of PostgreSQL 9.2, the next release of the world's most advanced relational database system.  Version 9.2 will include major improvements in performance,<and both> vertical and horizontal scalability.  The PostgreSQL project asks all users to download and begin testing PostgreSQL 9.2 beta as soon as possible.

Major performance and scalability advances ready to be tested in this version include:

* Index-only scans, allowing users to avoid expensive scans of slow-changing base tables
* <Dramatically> improved read-only workload scaling to 64 cores and over 300,000 queries per second
* Cascading replication, supporting rapid failover and geographically distributed standby databases

PostgreSQL 9.2 will also offer many new features for application developers, including:

* JSON data support, permitting building hybrid document-relational databases
* Range types, supporting new types of calendar, time-series and analytic applications
* Multiple <improvements> to make database migrations easier

For a full listing of the ready-to-test features in version 9.2 beta, please see the release notes [LINK].

We depend on our community to test the next <version> in order to guarantee that it is <highly performant> and bug-free.  Please download PostgreSQL 9.2 Beta and try it with your workloads and applications as soon as you can, and give feedback to the PostgreSQL developers.  More information on how to test and report issues in PostgreSQL is here [LINK].

PostgreSQL 9.2 beta, including binaries and installers for multiple platforms, <can be obtained> from our download page [LINK].  Full documentation of the new version is available online [LINK] and installs with PostgreSQL.

Robert J. (Bob)  Hetrick
Senior Sales Engineer
Bull Information Technology Solutions

Bull, Architect of an Open World [TM]
Phone:  1.602.862.4417  FAX:       1.602.862.4288  Cell 602.980.2031
www.bull.com/us  www.postgresqlmigratons.com

This email contains material that is confidential and for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, reliance, or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.