Re: combine SQL SELECT statements into one

От Chris.Ellis@shropshire.gov.uk
Тема Re: combine SQL SELECT statements into one
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi

pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org wrote on 02/01/2010 07:36:55 AM:

> Good Evening, Good Morning Wherever you are whenever you may be reading this.

        snip

> count1 |  count2  | count3
> -------------------------------
>  2              2              4

> Can this be done with ONE SQL STATEMENT? touching the database only ONE time?

You can do the following:

SELECT
        (SELECT COUNT(distinct model) FROM inventory WHERE modified >= '2010-02-01') AS "COUNT_1",
       (SELECT COUNT(distinct model) FROM inventory WHERE modified >= '2010-01-20') AS "COUNT_2",
       (SELECT COUNT(distinct model) FROM inventory WHERE modified >= '2010-01-01') AS "COUNT_3"

;

PostgreSQL allows sub-queries in the select list as long as the sub-query returns one column

Job done

> Please let me know.
>
> Thanx> :)
> NEiL

Chris Ellis

If you are not the intended recipient of this email please do not send it on

to others, open any attachments or file the email locally.

Please inform the sender of the error and then delete the original email.

For more information, please refer to http://www.shropshire.gov.uk/privacy.nsf

Help prevent the spread of swine flu. CATCH IT. BIN IT. KILL IT.