pgAgent Database Name Limitation

От Martin French
Тема pgAgent Database Name Limitation
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi all,

I've come across an issue within pgAgent whereby it cannot/will not connect to a database where there is a space in the name.
(I know that typically pgAgent should run within the postgres db to allow pgAdmin job management, however, this is a second pgAgent running with a specific task set)

I have tried all the following variants:

"dbname='DB With Spaces 1' user=user1"
'dbname="DB With Spaces 1" user=user1'
"dbname=DB With Spaces 1 user=user1"
dbname=DB With Spaces 1 user=user1
"dbname=\'DB With Spaces 1\' user=user1"

etc etc...

All of which return:
        ERROR: Primary connection string is not valid!

Anyone know if this a limitation within pgAgent or libpq? I had an odd thought that this may be because of wxStrings...

I've not yet investigated the source to see how this is being interpreted, as I thought i'd shout up on here to see If this is a libpq limitation.

Cheers

Martin

Romax Technology Limited
Rutherford House
Nottingham Science & Technology Park
Nottingham,
NG7 2PZ
England

Telephone numbers:
+44 (0)115 951 88 00 (main)

For other office locations see:
http://www.romaxtech.com/Contact
=================================
===============
E-mail: info@romaxtech.com
Website:
www.romaxtech.com

Confidentiality Statement
This transmission is for the addressee only and contains information that is confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the named addressee, or authorised to receive it on behalf of the addressee
you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.
If you have received this transmission in error please delete from your system and contact the sender. Thank you for your cooperation.