Re: Function problem

От Patrick Hatcher
Тема Re: Function problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
This a snippet of a much longer procedure.  I am creating a cross-tab of
sales data and dumping it into a temp table.  A bunch of other temp tables
are created and then the whole thing is put together in 1 table for
reporting purposes.  As stated earlier, it works if I don't put it into a
function and I think it has to do with my quotes (").

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com
Legacy Integration Developer
415-932-0610 office
HatcherPT - AIM

                    "Josh Berkus"
                    <agliodbs@openo       To:     "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher@macys.com>,
                    ffice.org>             pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
                                          cc:
                    03/15/2002            Subject:     Re: [NOVICE] Function problem
                    06:00 PM

Patrick,

Frankly, your syntax is wierd enough that I can't figure out what
 you're trying to do. Can you explain?

> Create Function sp_ddw_crosstab() RETURNS int4 AS '
>
> BEGIN
>
>      /* Create the cross tab of YTD data */
>      Select Item_UPC, Cat_Desc,Pat_Desc,
>      Sum( Case Appl_ID When "NET" Then RESERVEDUNITS1 Else 0 End) as
> Loc128_Demand,
>      Sum( Case Appl_ID When "NET" Then RESERVEDDOLLARS Else 0 End) as
> Loc128_DemandDollar
>      into  TEMP crossytd
>      From salesYTD q
>      Group by Item_UPC,Cat_Desc,Pat_Desc;