Problems installing CygIPC for PostgreSQL

От Steve_Miller@sil.org
Тема Problems installing CygIPC for PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I've been following the directions from this site to install PostgreSQL on
a Windows XP machine:

      http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql_win_setup_faq.jsp

Apparently CygIPC has been included with the Cygwin distribution since this
set of instructions has been written. I think I'm getting a bit lost as to
what I should do for the CygIPC install.. At one point the instructions
say:

    1. To test the CygIPC install, launch a Cygwin shell window from the
       desktop or Windows Start Menu and type:
       ipc-daemon &
       It should echo its process number and give no errors.

I do this and get the message:

      $ bash: ipc-daemon: command not found

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Miller