Re: PostgreSQL ODBC driver: recordset not updatable

От Neil Davis
Тема Re: PostgreSQL ODBC driver: recordset not updatable
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL ODBC driver: recordset not updatable
Список pgsql-interfaces
Evelio,
ODBC drivers on Micro$oft windows, typically do not support update, delete
or insert (db modification) through them when used against non-microsoft
databases. Part of the price you pay for ODBC. You will have to write server
side functions and execute them through the odbc connections like:

cnn_postgresql_ado_connection.Execute("SELECT function_name('" + arg1 + "',
'" + arg2 + "', '" + arg3 + "');")

using vba.

Try all three types of query before writing lots of functions. ODBC may
support some of them.

You simply write a parameterized function. In this function you put your
update, insert, or delete query. When you execute through ODBC it will work.

Details are in the PostGreSQL online manual. Get the searchable PDF that
Bruce Momjian is writing. It is excellent. It got me through 90% of the
platform specific stuff that I needed to learn.

L8,
Neil