Re: [ADMIN] Benchmarking postgres on Solaris/Linux

От Matt Clark
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Benchmarking postgres on Solaris/Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
If it's going to be write intensive then the RAID controller will be the most important thing.  A dual p3/500 with a
write-back
cache will smoke either of the boxes you mention using software RAID on write performance.

As for the compute intensive side (complex joins & sorts etc), the Dell will most likely beat the Sun by some distance,
although
what the Sun lacks in CPU power it may make up a bit in memory bandwidth/latency.

Matt