Re: General coding question

От jkells
Тема Re: General coding question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 13:32:32 -0500, David Johnston wrote:

> [...]

David Thanks
My problem comes from 6 records containing a backslash in several columns
out of a million plus rows in many different tables.  I am testing some
replication software and have found that for these 6 records the
destination tables contain two backslashes after being replicated.

Source (master) record
I.e:  Column                     data
     description              SUBDIV LOT 13 & N1\2 LOT  14

Destination (slave) becomes the following
     description              SUBDIV LOT 13 & N1\\2 LOT  14

My question was more generic since I cant see why a '\' character cant be
used in a character string (I.e. storage path etc..  ).  How would you
escape a \ character that is needed to be stored in a string and is there
anything special that one would have to do when retrieving it?

Regards,