Re: Extra Paranthesis on joins on saving a view

От Alex Williams
Тема Re: Extra Paranthesis on joins on saving a view
Дата
Re: Extra Paranthesis on joins on saving a view  (richard coleman <rcoleman.ascentgl@gmail.com>)
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is something new but in previous versions of pgadmin (currently using 4.27 where this is happening,) when creating a view, more or less, my original sql was maintained, but now it's mangling the joins like MS Access does with the Jet database with lots of parenthesis's (yes, I still use Access 2000.) Is there a way to disable this? I find it very difficult to parse and wind up removing them all only to have come back when saved when I'm done modifying / saving the view.

Also, can you:
1. Allow renaming tables/functions/etc... without having to invoke properties....it's very slow sometimes to bring up that dialog....and sometimes I use rename just to copy a object name, not to rename it.

2. When running View/Edit->First 100 Rows, can you not lock it, i.e., it's a convenient way to have the select statement written without typing and then you add the predicates/joins.

3. When creating a table, can you please allow rearranging of the columns.

Thanks,

Alex