6.5 data export issues

От Craig Sturman
Тема 6.5 data export issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello all,

I've currently got a couple of pg databases (6.5) at work on a RedHat box
that I'm looking to consolidate and move to a server with 7.2 installed.
I'm having issues with copying the data however.  Neither pg_dump and the
copy command are able to copy the data over.  I receive the following error:

wdcindex=> COPY clients TO '/home/craig/clients' USING DELIMITERS ',';
ERROR:  COPY command, running in backend with effective uid 40, could not
open file '/home/craig/clients' for writing.  Errno = Permission denied
(13).
wdcindex=>

/home/craig is that user's directory.  Can anyone think of what my problem
is here?  Or perhaps recommend a program I could use to extract the data via
an odbc connection like SQL Server's import data utility? (don't have SQL
Server where I am currently)  Since this is postgresql 6.5, PGAdmin II won't
connect to it.  PHPPGAdmin is install on that server but is having similar
problems exporting the data.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Even just exporting the schema would
be helpful.

Thanks,

Craig S.