Re: Create Table and Index Definition for Partitions

От Simon@2ndquadrant.com
Тема Re: Create Table and Index Definition for Partitions
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> Jerry Champlin wrote

I'm currently putting together a tool to migrate schema definitions from
Oracle to PostgreSQL.  It's written in perl and easily extensible by others
to add functionality I don't care to migrate.  I need to know how to
properly format create table, alter table, create index and alter index
commands for the partitioning functionality about to be released.  Could
someone please provide a draft of that documentation or point me to the
appropriate place in the code tree to figure it out.

First off, there's already a tool to do this... ora2pg

The functionality just released is for Tablespaces, not Partitions, which is
a different concept altogether.

The docs are available on-line for the SQL DDL statements you mention.
Look at the docs via
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/index.html

Best Regards, Simon Riggs