Re: Is it possible to Import tables and its data from Ms Access

От Peter Darley
Тема Re: Is it possible to Import tables and its data from Ms Access
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Suresh,
    It's possible to dump entire tables from Access to Postgres via ODBC.
Select your table in the tables tab, go to the File menu and choose Export,
select ODBC in Save as type, indicate your ODBC data source, specify a table
name and that should do it.
    I'd strongly advise against it however, as the tables you get don't tend to
make a lot of sense design wise in Postgres.  It does weird things with
autonumber fields, etc.  You'd probably be better off creating the tables in
Postgres and just appending the data to them.
Thanks,
Peter Darley