Problem report (dropping views that are called by other views)

От Andrew Snow
Тема Problem report (dropping views that are called by other views)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I'm using PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on a FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE box (all you linux
postgresql users out there, switch to freebsd already!).

I had created a View A, based on an existing View B.  When I dropped View B
and re-created it one day, the View A did not get deleted, but as soon I
went to use A again, the PGSQL backend crashed and burned.  I was forced to
drop View A and re-create it, to restore working order.

Is this a known bug or feature or issue?  Should I be worried?

Thanks,

Andrew