Re: retun cursor

От Madhavi Daroor
Тема Re: retun cursor
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
   This is what I got when I executed the statements outside the
BEGIN......END block
psqldb=# select f();
--------------------
 <unnamed cursor 2>
(1 row)

psqldb=# fetch all from "<unnamed cursor 2>";
NOTICE:  PerformPortalFetch: portal "<unnamed cursor 2>" not found
FETCH

What does the above statement mean? How do I call the function in Java? Is
there no way i could directly call the function in java.

Thanx,
Madhavi Daroor

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephan Szabo [mailto:sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 11:01 AM
To: Madhavi Daroor
Cc: pgsql-general@PostgreSQL.org
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] retun cursor

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Madhavi Daroor wrote:

> When I do fetch 10 from "unnamed cursor 1"
> It says Query Executed Ok. But when am I really going to see the output?
> When Will I see the records? pLease explain the process.....WHat do I
fetch
> the cursor into?

Here's a simple function and a fetch passed in through
psql -e

create table test1(a int);
CREATE
insert into test1 values (1);
INSERT 156460 1
insert into test1 values (2);
INSERT 156461 1
insert into test1 values (3);
INSERT 156462 1
insert into test1 values (4);
INSERT 156463 1
insert into test1 values (5);
INSERT 156464 1
create function testfunc1(int4) returns refcursor as '
declare
 r refcursor;
begin
 open r for select * from test1 where a>=$1;
 return r;
end;'
language 'plpgsql';
CREATE