8.0 Beta 1 // Environment Vars // .pgpass

От efesar (the kay)
Тема 8.0 Beta 1 // Environment Vars // .pgpass
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
The 8.0 version does not acknowledge env vars like PGPASSWORD and seems to
ignore the contents of the .pgpass file.

When there is not a c:\documents and settings\postgres\.pgpass the
pg_restore program does not ask for a password but simply says this:

G:\dbarchive>C:\Progra~1\PostgreSQL\8.0-beta1\bin\pg_restore -O -d
blog -x -F c -h 127.0.0.1 -U postgres blogdb01

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] connection to database "blog" failed: FATAL:
Password authentication failed for user "postgres"

However when there is a .pgpass file, pg_restore asks for a password a la
the -W switch but ignores the password in the .pgpass file. I realize the
manual says the file will be ignored if it doesn't have the right
permissions. In XP, I set the ONLY user (no inheritance) as postgres and
gave it full read/write. I also set ownership to postgres. Still, it gets
ignored.

Ergo, I can't run any automated scripts for backing things up. Any
suggestions?

-kay
www.fearstudios.com <http://www.fearstudios.com/>
www.efesar.com <http://www.efesar.com/>