Re: cannot initdb

От Serkan Bektaş
Тема Re: cannot initdb
Дата
Список pgsql-general
 1)
is Firebird/Interbase SQL Server  installed and running already ?
If it is ; I remember something wrong with semaphores between PostgreSQL and
Firebird.
In this situation you can get semaphores clean with some commands that I
couldnt remember now...

2)
you must stop any running postmaster process before initdb
-----------

Greetings,

Serkan Bektas

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Joseph Koenig
Sent: 12 Mart 2002 Sali 16:18
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] cannot initdb

I installed 7.1.3 from ports on FreeBSD 4.2 and when I tried to initdb,
it failed:

su -l pgsql -c initdb
This database system will be initialized with username "pgsql".
This user will own all the data files and must also own the server process.

Creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data
Creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base
Creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global
Creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog
Creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1
IpcSemaphoreCreate: semget(key=1, num=17, 03600) failed: Function not
implemented

initdb failed.
Removing /usr/local/pgsql/data.
Removing temp file /tmp/initdb.16303.

What does the IpcSemaphoreCreate line mean? Thanks,

Joe

http://archives.postgresql.org