- Архив списков рассылки pgsql-novice

От Gerard TOURRES
Тема
Дата
Re:  (Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>)
Re:  ("A.Bhuvaneswaran" <bhuvan@symonds.net>)
Список pgsql-novice
Hi,

I have a problem with the postmaster. When I try to start it with
"/etc/init.d/postgresql start", i get the
message [FAILED]. When I try to stop it, it's the same thing. Of
course, when i want to connect to the database
with psql ..., i have the message "can't connect to server ....". I
have already started it before and i don't reboot since.

The command "netstat -na|grep 5432" don't give any answer. Moreover, i
delete the postmaster.pid file because I thought it
was the problem but it always failed.

Can you help me ?
Thanks

G�rard TOURRES