Re: Performance problem iterating a resultset

От G.Nagarajan
Тема Re: Performance problem iterating a resultset
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Riyaz,
One option would be to write a stored function and invoke it from your jsp
page. This way you dont have
to do the resultset iteration in the client.

Thanks,
Nagarajan.

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Riyaz@umapinc.com
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 4:18 PM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] Performance problem iterating a resultset

Hello,
      I am using JDBC driver for Postgresql to retrieve results from a JSP
page, iterating through the resultset to extract the results and
concatenating it to a string. Everthing is working except for that while I
am iterating through the resultset to generate a string its taking a good
amount of time. Is there a way in Postgresql where I can export the
resultset directly to a xml file?(The data I am receiving from the database
are xml nodes)

Or, Is there a faster way I can retrieve results from the resultset?

Thanks,
-Riyaz