RE: Re: Windows install

От charlie derr
Тема RE: Re: Windows install
Дата
Список pgsql-general
+
+After I install Cygwin, I look in the cygwin root, and there's a
+folder called postgresql-7.1RC2.  This folder appears to contain the
+files for installing Cygwin including the INSTALL document I referred
+to.  What did you find in your Cygwin install?

I had cygwin installed previously (from many months, if not years ago).
When I ran the pgsql.exe file mentioned at the bottom of all the quoted
stuff in this post, it unzipped 10 files.  One of those was a setup.exe, so
i ran that.  This seemed to install everything that is necessary (including
cygwin, and now that i look closer, an ipc-daemon.exe file as well).   I
believe we must be talking about two completely different installs, as the
file I'm working with seemed to install 7.0.3, not 7.1RC2.  It sure looks
from the quoted stuff that you got your file from
http://208.160.255.143/pgsql/pgsql.exe.  That's where I got what I'm working
with.

    ~c

+