Can't get ODBC from Windows to Linux/Postgres to work

От Jeff Martin
Тема Can't get ODBC from Windows to Linux/Postgres to work
Дата
Re: Can't get ODBC from Windows to Linux/Postgres to work  (Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>)
Automatic mod time?  (Steve Lane <slane@fmpro.com>)
Automatic mod time?  (Steve Lane <slane@fmpro.com>)
Список pgsql-general
My clients need to access PostgreSQL data from their windows box.
Trying to get ODBC to work from Windows to Linux/PostgreSQL.

I have done the following:
    1. configured and compiled PostgreSQL with the --enable-odbc flag
    2. installed psqlodbc-07_01_0009.zip  on my windows box from odbc.postgresql.org
    3. executed the command "psql -d template1 -f pgsql/share/odbc.sql
    4. rebuilt my database.
    5. created a new ODBC source on my windows bow pointing to my Linux machine and PostgreSQL database.

I get the following error when trying to connect to the ODBC source from MS Access

ODBC call failed:
Could not connect to the server.
Could not connect to the remote socket. (#101)[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Connection not open(#0)

What step am I missing here?  Thanks for any help.

Jeff

Jeff Martin
704 Torrey Lane, Apartment D
Boalsburg, PA 16827