Re: NullPointerExceptions in empty ResultSets

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: NullPointerExceptions in empty ResultSets
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Floyd-

We really need to see a chunk of the relevant code to be very helpful, but
my first impression is that this is probably not a driver problem, as I'm
using resultsets with no problems on the current driver.

Perhaps we are using a different approach in our code. I usually have any
reference to a ResultSet wrapped in a test- for instance:

ResultSet results = someStatement.executeQuery();
if (results.next())
{
  /*Something is there, so do something with it
}
else
{
  /*report no results returned*/
}

OR:

ResultSet results = someStatement.executeQuery();
while(results.next())
{
  /*Something is there, so loop through all of the somethings.
}
else
{
  /*report no results returned*/
}

Do you use a similar approach to testing for contents before using?

Regards,

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/