Re: Need to change the size of a field

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: Need to change the size of a field
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
I don't think you can alter a column in the current version, but here's an
example of a workaround that should do the job:

create table change_me (id int, text varchar(20));

[Then I add some data & decide I need to widen the text field without losing
the data.]

create table temp_change_me as select * from change_me;

drop table change_me;

create table change_me (id int, text varchar(50));

insert into change_me (id, text) (select id, text from temp_change_me);

drop table temp_change_me;

hth, Nick