Re: alternative to postgresql

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: alternative to postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I'm guessing that you meant to post this question to the ODBC list, as it
has nothing to do with JDBC, but here's my opinion...

I think that generally speaking, the people who are using postgresql would
agree that we are doing it because we find that for multi-user systems or
other non-trivial database applications, supporting a Linux server with
postgresql on it turns out to be far easier and less expensive than any
approach that depends on windows.

MySQL does have a windows version. You can find it somewhere on
www.MySQL.com. I evaluated MySQL about 2 years ago, and chose PostgreSQL
instead, but a lot can happen in two years.

If you become convinced that it is worth the effort to support postgresql, I
think you'll find many people on the ODBC list who can help with using
MSAccess as a front-end to PostgreSQL.

-Nick