Re: JDBC Driver Problem

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: JDBC Driver Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Gautham-

Supplying as much of the source code as possible will make it more likely
that someone can help solve the problem. I don't recall hearing of such a
problem before, so this is probably not a known issue.

At the very least, copies of the queries might help so we can try something
similar in our environments.

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-jdbc-owner@postgresql.org]On Behalf Of Gautham S. Rao
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 7:53 AM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] JDBC Driver Problem

Hi,

We have a query that involves 'union' and 'except' clause. When it is run on
the psql database at the backend it retuns the required data. However, when
it is executed using the jdbc driver it is returning less number of records.
The statements after the union and except clause are not getting executed.
Is this a bug in the JDBC driver?

Also a similar problem is encountered in another query that uses 'case when
<> then <> else <> end' the equivalent of 'decode'. This query returns
records when exceuted at the backend, but when exceuted using the JDBC
driver, it retuns no records. What could be the problem? Have any of you
encountered a similar problem and how do we solve it?

Regards,
Gautham.