Re: Problem w/ IDENT authentication

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: Problem w/ IDENT authentication
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Your ph_hba line and connection URL look almost identical to the ones I've
used successfully. The only difference is that I used 255.255.255.0 for the
mask. What you've done is more correct, but you might try the change if
you're down to clutching at straws.

Are there other lines in the pg_hba that might conflict? I believe they are
read top-down and if an earlier line rejects, later ones don't count.

On the other hand, I'm more suspicious that somehow tomcat isn't really
running as user tomcat4, because the psql -h worked using the same pg_hba
setup.

How are you testing the user?

If you haven't already done it, I'd try adding:

System.out.println( System.getProperty("user.name") ) ;

System.out goes to stdout.log in your tomcat log directory, so you shouldn't
need to create a temp file to see the results.

You might also try specifying localhost either by name or address in the
URL. I've seen problems with localhost being undefined before. (It was on
OS/X, but perhaps Red Hat has a similar problem.)

Regards,
     -Nick
Nick Fankhauser

    nickf@doxpop.com  Phone 1.765.965.7363  Fax 1.765.962.9788