Re: Starting PosgreSQL at bootup time

От Nick Fankhauser
Тема Re: Starting PosgreSQL at bootup time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I have just finished installing PostgreSQL, now I'd like to start the
> PostgreSQL server at boot up time. How do I go about this?

Are you installing using the debian package? When I used the deb package
recently for 7.1.3, it installed in about 5 minutes using dselect without
any problems, and also set up a script for starting postmaster automatically
on boot-up. (Well done, Oliver!)

If you aren't using the debian package, e-mail me off-list & I'll send you a
copy of the startup script from the debian package. (But only if you promise
to holster that rocket-launcher <grin>.)

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser  nickf@ontko.com  Phone 1.765.935.4283  Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co.     Software Consulting Services     http://www.ontko.com/