Bug in ILIKE function?

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Bug in ILIKE function?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I have just tried using the ILIKE function in 7.0.3.  I assume that it is
just a case-insensitive version of LIKE.  (Please correct me if I am wrong
on this assumption.)

This is my example test case:

usa=# select 'test' LIKE '%es%';?column?
----------t
(1 row)

usa=# select 'test' ILIKE '%es%';
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "ilike"
usa=#

HEre is a dump (\do) of the some of the tilde operators in 7.0.3:
~*  | bpchar      | text        | bool      | matches regex.,
case-insensitive~*  | name        | text        | bool      | matches regex.,
case-insensitive~*  | text        | text        | bool      | matches regex.,
case-insensitive~*  | varchar     | text        | bool      | matches regex.,
case-insensitive~=  | box         | box         | bool      | same as~=  | circle      | circle      | bool      | same
as~= | point       | point       | bool      | same as~=  | polygon     | polygon     | bool      | same as~=  |
tinterval  | tinterval   | bool      | same as~~  | bpchar      | text        | bool      | matches LIKE expression~~
|name        | text        | bool      | matches LIKE expression~~  | text        | text        | bool      | matches
LIKEexpression~~  | varchar     | text        | bool      | matches LIKE expression

Notice that there's no ILIKE operators, (~~*), at all!

Is this documented, but not implemented or what????

Chris

От: mlw
Сообщение: C function proposal redux
От: Karel Zak
Сообщение: Re: C function proposal redux