RE: trying to pattern match to a value contained in a column

От Francis Solomon
Тема RE: trying to pattern match to a value contained in a column
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Beth,

Try something like this ...

Here's a simple table schema:

CREATE TABLE abbrev ( abbr varchar(10), long_name varchar(50), primary key(abbr)
);

Throw in some random data:

INSERT INTO abbrev VALUES ('fs', 'fsolomon');
INSERT INTO abbrev VALUES ('bg', 'bgatewood');
INSERT INTO abbrev VALUES ('junk', 'nomatch');

Query the table:

SELECT * FROM abbrev WHERE long_name~abbr;

... which yields these results:
abbr |  long_name
------+-----------fs   | fsolomonbg   | bgatewood

Note that ~ does a case-sensitive regex match. If you really want a
'like' match, you could do this instead:

SELECT * FROM abbrev where long_name~~('%' || abbr || '%');

... where '||' is the string-concatenation operator.

Hope this helps

Francis Solomon

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: