RE: Full text indexing.

От Hentosh
Тема RE: Full text indexing.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I guess the only concern I have is it seems that sorting the results in
"alphabetical" order is different in some language depending on accents and
context.  But I guess the internal order doesn't matter since the result are
put into "weighted" order rather than alphabetical.

Thanks for the pointer!

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett W. McCoy [mailto:bmccoy@chapelperilous.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2000 6:14 AM
To: Hentosh
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Full text indexing.

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Hentosh wrote:

> What solutions is there for full text indexing and postgresql.  Are their
> any for use with languages other than English?

There is a library under the contrib directory of the source distribution
for full-text indexing.  It's fairly easy to set up, just read the
instructions in teh README.  As we were discussing earlier, if you're
doing lots of text, make sure you cluster your indexes.

AFAIK, the indexing isn't language dependent, since it just parses text
fields and makes separate tables for the indexes.  Don't see why it
couldn't be used for different langauges.

Brett W. McCoy
                                              http://www.chapelperilous.net
Preserve wildlife -- pickle a squirrel today!