RE: a trigger that sends an email + returning multiple records

От Oscar Serrano
Тема RE: a trigger that sends an email + returning multiple records
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

This sounds really interesting. I will have to try it.

But I don't really undertand the rest of the email. I do not need
a function that returns any record. It just must open the sendmail and
send an email. And it must be done each time a record is inserted on
a table.

> Incidentally, I've just thought of a work around for not being able to
> return multiple records, although I'm not sure how exactly it would work.
> Could one have a function that would create a table with (e.g.) a random
> time-based name, fill it with the desired records, and return the name of
> the table as the result of the argument?
>
> Could one do for example, something like
>
> SELECT searchid FROM searchfunction('criteria1','criteria2','criteria3')
>
> or is that going to be rejected because you can't have functions returning
> tablenames?
>
> Haven't got time to look at any of this :-<
> Yours,
> Moray
> Moray.McConnachie@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk

Сообщение: Re: a trigger that sends an email + returning multiple records
Сообщение: Re: a trigger that sends an email + returning multiple records