Re: string cast/compare broken?

От John Liu
Тема Re: string cast/compare broken?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
There is no comparison of varchar to char in Oracle too.
Scott provided cast cases are some unique features in psql,
each database MAY handle those casting differently.

In good design/application, char should be replaced by
varchar type unless you know the exact bytes. It would be
not bad idea to get rid of char gradually in the future
to avoid such inconsistency
between databases, that's just my view.

johnl