RE: Hash index on macaddr -> crash

От Darren King
Тема RE: Hash index on macaddr -> crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> We could fix this either by adding a new hash function to support
> macaddr, or by removing the pg_amXXX entries that claim macaddr is
> hashable.  Either change will not take effect without an initdb,
> however, and I'm loath to force one now that we've started beta.

How about creating an SQL statement that will make the change and
putting a blurb about it it in the README, INSTALL and/or FAQ?

This wouldn't require an initdb and would let people have the fix.

For things like this that update exising fields (vs adding/deleting
fields hard-wired for use in the backend), it should work, no?

Darren