RE: data entry

От Kevin Berrien
Тема RE: data entry
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
This is what I've been doing with a personal project at home.  Since I do a
lot of development in Access but wanted to give PostgreSQL a try.  The big
problem with using Access is paying for the license.

How about a good BASIC & PostgreSQL combination to give you something along
the lines of Ardent's UniVerse?  Anyone?

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-novice-owner@hub.org [mailto:pgsql-novice-owner@hub.org]On
Behalf Of WOLF, PATRICK
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 2:03 PM
To: 'deval'; pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [NOVICE] data entry

I've got several applications where I use a PostgreSQL database running on a
Linux server with a MS Access front end application running on the
individual PCs.  It was pretty painless to build, although knowing something
about Access would have been nice, and it provides a nice user interface for
the individuals that enter the data.  Then I have Perl CGI scripts written
on the server to provide read only reports to the web site.

Pat

Patrick C. Wolf
Test Manager
Aerojet