RE: [HACKERS] Cache query (PREPARE/EXECUTE)

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Cache query (PREPARE/EXECUTE)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

I think so.  The problem is that Node struct couldn't be freed safely
due to the lack of reference count in its definition.  As far as I see
plans could be destroyed only when the memory context in which
they are placed are destroyed.

> destroy _full_ memory context? If yes (please no), we can't
> make a DROP PLAN command or we must create for each plan specific
> memory context (and drop this specific Context (Jan's original idea)).

You can DROP a PLAN by removing its hash entry but of cource
there remains memory leak.

>  If I call SPI_saveplan(), is the plan forever save in
> TopMemoryContext? (hmm, the SPI is memory feeder).

Probably.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp