RE: [HACKERS] vacuum of permanently updating database

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: [HACKERS] vacuum of permanently updating database
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

Could you try the current tree ?

As far as I see,there are 2 possibilities.

1. Relation cache invalidation mechanism is much improved   by Tom in the current tree.   In your case,index tuples may
beinserted into invalid index   relation and vanish.

2. If vacuum aborts after the internal commit,the transaction   status is changed to be ABORT. This causes
inconsistency.  I have changed not to do so in the current tree.

In CURRENT tree,you may have to change vacuum_hits.sql
as follows.
drop index hits_pkey;vacuum analyze hits(msg_id);create unique index hits_pkey on hits(msg_id);

Probably DROP INDEX couldn't be executed inside transactions.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp