FW: Vacuuming - how often? (scott's fault?)

От Scott Muir
Тема FW: Vacuuming - how often? (scott's fault?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank-you Andrew

I think I have done the proverbial forgot i changed something, or not.

I'm sure that I only ran vacuum between 2 calls to indentical views and got
different behaviour... But i have been wrong before.

I just thought that i'd mention that at some point after the vacuum I
noticed this debug message back from ?the backend? and I think I understand
the impact of this.

NOTICE:  Adding missing FROM-clause entry for table "transactions"

I can't describe the stuff I did up to the point because I was reorganizing
things and then noticed the debug message.  I think the reason for it was
that i had an alias for transactions in the field list, but I explicitly
used the name "transactions" in the WHERE clause.  This message also
coincided with a product like join...

What I'm saying is at this point it is inconclusive whether I had a data
related problem, but if it happens again, I'll know better how to track it
down.. thanks all for the help..

Scott.