Re: Performance Issues on Opteron Dual Core

От Gregory Stewart
Тема Re: Performance Issues on Opteron Dual Core
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I installed Ubuntu 5.10 on the production server (64-Bit version), and sure
enough the peformance is like I expected. Opening up that table (320,000
records) takes 6 seconds, with CPU usage of one of the cores going up to
90% - 100% for the 6 seconds.
I assume only one core is being used per user / session / query?

Gregory

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim C. Nasby [mailto:jnasby@pervasive.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 12:47 PM
To: Gregory Stewart
Cc: Mark Kirkwood; pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Performance Issues on Opteron Dual Core

All the machines I've been able to replicate this on have been SMP w2k3
machines running SP1. I've been unable to replicate it on anything not
running w2k3, but the only 'SMP' machine I've tested in that manner was
an Intel with HT enabled. I now have an intel with HT and running w2k3
sitting in my office, but I haven't had a chance to fire it up and try
it yet. Once I test that machine it should help narrow down if this
problem exists with HT machines (which someone on -hackers mentioned
they had access to and could do testing with). If it does affect HT
machines then I suspect that this is not an issue for XP...