Re: How many fields in a table are too many

От Kallol Nandi
Тема Re: How many fields in a table are too many
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Folling are the limitations of PostgreSQL:
Maximum size for a database    Unlimited (4 TB databases exist)
Maximum size for a table    16 TB on all operating systems
Maximum size for a row        1.6 TB
Maximum size for a field    1 GB
Maximum number of rows in a table    Unlimited
Maximum number of columns in a table    250 - 1600 depending on column types
Maximum number of indexes on a table    Unlimited

Of course, these are not actually unlimited, but limited to available disk
space and memory/swap space. Performance may suffer when these values get
unusually large.

The maximum table size of 16 TB does not require large file support from the
operating system. Large tables are stored as multiple 1 GB files so file
system size limits are not important.

The maximum table size and maximum number of columns can be increased if the
default block size is increased to 32k.

Regards,
Kallol.