Re: Utility to Convert MySQL to PostgreSQL

От Michael Avila
Тема Re: Utility to Convert MySQL to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
I have C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\doc\contrib and C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\share\contrib but no folder mysql in either of them nor
a file with the name mysql in it.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Davis [mailto:sdavis2@mail.nih.gov]
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 1:26 PM
To: Michael Avila
Cc: Pgsql-Novice
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Utility to Convert MySQL to PostgreSQL

On Jul 24, 2005, at 1:16 PM, John DeSoi wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2005, at 12:59 PM, Michael Avila wrote:
>
> > If anyone has any info about how to convert MySQL to PostgreSQL
> > PLEASE let
> > me know!
> >

> I have not tried it, but there is such a utility here:
>
> http://sqlfairy.sourceforge.net/

I have tried it, and it does about 99% of the job.  There are a few
things that are MySQL version-dependent (added in later mysql versions)
that sqlfairy doesn't deal with appropriately, but those can usually be
dealt with by a simple find/replace in the word processor or a
perl/awk/sed script.  If you are a perl user, sqlfairy is also called
SQL::Translator on cpan.

As an alternative, look in the postgresql distribution in
/contrib/mysql.  There are two scripts for doing the conversion there.

Hope this helps.
Sean