Re: library version problem, 7.3.2, php, redhat linux

От Richard Welty
Тема Re: library version problem, 7.3.2, php, redhat linux
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12 Sep 2003 12:11:59 -0400 Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> chances are on your colo box they installed 7.2 at some point which gave
> you libpq.so.2 (or someone symlinked the 2 files so as to hack there way
> out of this problem).

no and no.

i'm the only admin the colo box has ever had, and it is solidly still at rh
7.1.

i never symlinked libpq.so.2 at any point in time. when i upgraded
postgres, i observed my exim install failing, so i rebuilt that. i never
saw any other problems related to the library version change on the 7.1
box.

>  i think your choices now are to install 7.2
> pgsql-libs rpm on the 8.0 box

where the question is this -- given that the box is running 7.3.2
successfully and needs to be running 7.3.x (that is, i won't downgrade it),
will installing 7.2 pgsql-libs break stuff?

> or to recompile apache/php so it links
> against libpq.so.3

oh joy. time to download the source rpms. glad i'm not in a hurry.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net