Re: [GENERAL] archive_command not being executed

От Eric D
Тема Re: [GENERAL] archive_command not being executed
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I'd come to the same conclusion Jeremy had about 9.5 being the first version with the 'always' option for archive_mode.   Looking at pg_receivexlog, that might work, but with me being a total noob I'm wary of the various steps I'd have to take in going from:

Master -> streaming replication to -> SB1 -> pg_receivexlog to -> SB2

to:

New Master (Old SB1) -> streaming replication to -> SB2

And whether or not the conversion from pg_receivexlog to normal streaming replication would maintain data integrity.  I need to skew this towards simplicity or I'll likely screw it up.

My current thought is to cut off master, promote SB1, set up WAL file shipping to SB2, start a pg_basebackup, make SB1 live, then run for a couple days with no backup as the pg_basebackup runs.   Far from ideal but at least I have gone through most of this before.