Re: connecting to postgres database

От Jonathan Byrd
Тема Re: connecting to postgres database
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
looks good, you’re missing username/password but i don’t think that’s it. Have you tried going into the Windows ODBC Manager and creating a DSN and testing the DB connection?

Sent with Outlook for iOS

From: William Hoffmann <william.hoffmann@insighteng.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 15:34
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: connecting to postgres database

Sir,ma’am,

I am writing an application in vb2010 Visual basic express and am having issue with the data base connection for Postgres. I have installed the driver but haven’t been able to get the connection to work. Please advise.

       Imports System.Data.Odbc

Dim MyCon As New Odbc.OdbcConnection

        MyCon.ConnectionString = "Driver={PostgreSQL ANSI};database=fgsms_performance;server=127.0.0.1;port=5432;"

        MyCon.Open()

ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Respectfully,

William Hoffmann

2604336018