Re: Restore database from files (not dump files)?

От wheel
Тема Re: Restore database from files (not dump files)?
Дата
Re: Restore database from files (not dump files)?  (Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net>)
Re: Restore database from files (not dump files)?  (Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-general
In article <200612051757.kB5HvaW13981@momjian.us>, bruce@momjian.us
says...
> [ The author's email address is clearly bogus, so I can't privately send
> him email.]
>
> You seems to be trying to get help by supplying the least amount of
> information possible, and not even fully typing out words.  Such
> approaches usually fail.
>
> I suggest we ignore further emails from this person until more complete
> information is provided, and a valid email address.

> > wheel wrote:
> > > In article <74A84126-07CC-458C-B4FD-ECD2431831D8@mitre.org>,
> > > john@mitre.org says...

> > > The raw db files are not from this installation, but same ver of windows
> > > binary pg. Does this mean the db is not going to be useable/recoverable?

> > > TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
> >
> > --
> >   Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us
> >   EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com
> >
> >   + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +

Wow, what an unfriendly dude! Obviously

db = database
ver = version
pg = postgres

I am sorry that I don't already know it all about postgres. I've asked
to me seems to be a very simple question and tried to clarify. Newbies
sometimes don't know now to phrase things, so it's not surprising if the
questions aren't totally lucid to experts. If you can't deal with a lack
of precision from new users, then you might consider at least leaving
them alone. You don't have to be rude and start telling the other
experts to give the new person the cold shoulder.

Welcome to postgres, EnterpriseDB, "backup", and here is your kick in
the ass? It's not very encouraging that the rest of the you had no
reaction.

I don't list my email in newsgroups because they're primary resources
for spammers.