Restore database from files (not dump files)?

От wheel
Тема Restore database from files (not dump files)?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Can a pgsql 8.1 database be restored from the raw file? For one database
I have only the files found in  the base folder, example C:\PostgreSQL
\data\base\16404, under that there are many files called 1247, 1248, etc
(no extension). I think these are the files that make up the database?
For this db I don't have a dump file, just what is on disk. I do know
the users and passwords etc. I am not sure of the db name. I've hunted
around quite a bit in various places and most of the restore discussions
center around files created with pg_dump.

The db was created with pg 8.1 but not this instance of pg. I've tried
moving the \base\16404\etc to the data dir but pgAdmin does not 'see'
it. Is there a way to have it do so?