Re: Restore database from files (not dump files)?

От wheel
Тема Re: Restore database from files (not dump files)?
Дата
Re: Restore database from files (not dump files)?  (Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com>)
Список pgsql-general
In article <4573282A.4040605@zijn-digital.com>, brian@zijn-digital.com
says...
> wheel wrote:
> > In article <200612011732.kB1HWUk19778@momjian.us>, bruce@momjian.us
> > says...

> >>Uh, do you have the entier /data directory tree?  If so, just restore
> >>the directory start it up a binary.
> >>

> > Yes I have the entire dir/file set. But what does "If so, just restore
> > the directory start it up a binary" mean? Restore the dir, you mean copy
> > it to it's location under \base? What does start it up a(s?) binary
> > mean? I'm new to postgres.
> >
> > I have copied the folders back to the base dir (like C:\PostgreSQL\data
> > \base\16404) if that's step one but what after that?
> >

> Just start Postgres. If the data dir is ok, it should run fine.
>
> I'm assuming the binary is 8.1 but are the data files from the same version?

I see...I'm using pgAdmin III with 8.1.5, and the dbs don't reappear in
the pgAdmin list of databases automatically. I'll see if I can figure
out how to get pgAdmin to 'see' the dbs that have been moved here. At
least it seems from what you're saying it's just a matter of the
restored dbs being invisible to pgAdmin.